Practical AnatomyThe human body dissected, second edition
- Publication Date: February 2020
- Dimensions and Pages: 297mm x 210mm; 408 pp
- Hardback EAN: 9781776145720
- eBook EAN: 9781776145744
- PDF EAN: 9781776145737
- Rights: World
- Recommended Price (ZAR): 600.00
- Recommended Price (USD): 75.00
Practical Anatomy is designed to enable novice anatomists to grasp the biological background of the human anatomy while understanding its complexity within the clinical context.
As a guide to the dissection of the human cadaver, it provides an account of the biological and systemic foundations of the human body.
In keeping with the tradition of its predecessor this revised edition is primarily aimed at undergraduate allied health sciences and medical students who are encountering dissection for the first time and are intimidated by the volume of information to be digested.
In addition, some dissections of more complex regions of the anatomy have been integrated into the text for more advanced students.
This version has built on the solid foundation of the first edition of Practical Anatomy and Man’s Anatomy, incorporating all the features unique to these texts while updating the methodology and including the latest anatomical terminology as outlined in the Terminologia Anatomica.
The text and illustrations have been simplified to provide a clear, concise and accessible dissection guide.
Key Features of the book
– The new edition builds on the foundation of the first edition of Practical Anatomy and Man’s Anatomy
– It features much of the distinctiveness that made Practical Anatomy and accessible to the student and professional, while updating the methodology and including the latest anatomical terminology as outlined in the Terminologia Anatomica
– The book is designed for the novice anatomist with some more complex dissections included for advanced students and the medical professional
– The text is supported by numerous images, often simplified to highlight important concepts and relations
– Clinical boxes are included to tie the anatomy to particular clinical implications and diseased conditions
– The dissection instructions have been clearly demarcated and separated for clarity and ease-of-use
Of interest and benefit to health sciences students encountering dissection for the first time, as well as the advanced practitioner.
Chapter One: Introduction
Chapter Two: Regions of the Body
Chapter Three: The Pectoral Girdle and Upper Limb
Chapter Four: the Thorax
Chapter Five: The Abdomen
Chapter Six: The Back
Chapter Seven: The Pelvic Girdle and the Lowe Limb
Chapter Eight: the head and Neck
Chapter Nine: Central nervous System
About the Editors
Erin Hutchinson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Anatomical Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
Jason Hemingway is a Lecturer in the School of Anatomical Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
Desiré Brits is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Anatomical Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg